Official Apple Support Communities

Home Forums Open Heart Surgery Official Apple Support Communities

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of JewetefotaJG JewetefotaJG 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts

JewetefotaJG

said

I want to convert my FLAC information to the Apple lossless format (ALAC) so I can hearken to them in iTunes and on my iPhone. As you may guess from the name, the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (or ALAC) was developed by Apple and works with the company’s products like iTunes, the iPod and the iPhone (as well convert flac to alac online as being supported by numerous other hardware and software gamers); for those who’re an avid person of Apple gear, this may most likely be the format for you.
You possibly can create new presets, delete and edit the outdated ones, change audio converter settings and parameters. If you happen to converted the lossy MP3 file to a lossless FLAC file, you would not get any of that information again. FLAC tends to be extra supported by third social gathering gadgets and hardware the place ALAC shouldn’t flac to alac be at all times supported. FLAC can handle resolutions from sixteen bit at forty four.1 khz & 96 khz, 20 bits @ forty four.1 (HDHC) & 96khz, all the way to 24 bits @ 196 khz, (SACD, DVD audio & Blu-Ray) it’s suitable with virtually each hi-end format apart from iTunes. Most mainstream hardware either supports ALAC or doesn’t support lossless audio in any respect.
If you happen to simply need to burn the information to CD , it’s best to pull them directly into an iTunes Playlist within the left-hand panel. Ran flawlessly for me here on Windows 7 (64 bit) with iTunes 10.6.1.7. Its an excellent utility that saved me loads of time that may have been spent redoing all the metadata. If you wish to put the information on an iPod, or just retailer them in iTunes in a compact type, MP3 is also a sensible choice. Now to transform FLAC recordsdata into ALAC is painlessly easy with the X Lossless Decoder utility.
For Windows DOS batch customers, this may convert all FLAC from the current directory and recurse to save the output in the identical listing that the FLAC is in. I put the echo in the command line so you’ll be able to check the output earlier than you truly start processing. On the laptop I take advantage of iTunes only as a result of it’s free and handles my 1T library just advantageous by way of pre-pro then on to TELEVISION. Optionally, the ALAC to FLAC Converter allows you to edit the audio tags of any chosen file within the Drop Zone. XLD can convert virtually any audio file with out lowering the quality of the sound. This primary route requires you to download a file conversion program, comparable to Movavi or Music Converter However, instead of converting your FLAC to MP3, you’ll want to convert it to Apple’s version of lossless audio called ALAC.

November 12, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Guidelines

1. This forum is intended to be a supportive and encouraging online platform for caregivers taking care of their loved ones undergoing open heart surgery or those with chronic heart conditions.
  2. Be respectful and sensitive to other’s challenges, ideas, and opinions.
  3. Please post topics that are relevant to you as the caregiver or relevant to the heart patient as your experiences will benefit the entire community.
  4. Please do not use the forum to link out to your own website if it is not relevant to the community. If so, it will be deleted. If the links are relevant to the thread, that’s fine.
  5. Please don’t use affiliate links in this forum. When you externally link, do it because you want to help someone. Any affiliate links intended for any other purpose will be deleted.
  6. Posting anything that is vulgar, profane or offensive will be deleted.
  7. No adult content period. Any such content will be deleted.
  8. All threads that are nothing but a ‘test’ or an ‘ad’ will be deleted or threads that are not relevant or beneficial to this community.